Sunday, July 10, 2011

Smoothies...in a food processor

We have a lot of great appliances. We even have a quesadilla maker our upstairs neighbors gave us. But one thing we don't have is a blender. So when we got home and it was really, really hot out, I decided to try making smoothies in our food processor. Why not? It actually worked out awesomely.


We had some frozen strawberries from when they were really cheap at the grocery store. We bought three cartons and since there was no way we could eat them all before they went bad, we froze two of them. Frozen berries are THE BEST for smoothies. We also had some yogurt on hand, so I added some Key Lime yogurt to one batch. It was delicious! Since I also like my smoothies a little sour, I added some Tang to the other batch. They both turned out really good. So, now we know that we can get a good-sized smoothie out of a small food processor. Maybe we won't need to buy a blender...



No comments:

Post a Comment