Thursday, July 7, 2011

Parabéns Matt!

Happy birthday Matt! July 5th was Matt's 23rd birthday! We spent all day driving back to Provo after spending the holiday weekend with his grandparents in Nevada. The car we borrowed didn't have AC and we were super tired when we got home. Then, Matt had to go to campus and try to to pass off a computer programming assignment. When we were finally home and finished dinner, we studied for the GRE. Overall, not the best birthday in the world. But Matt loved his gifts and appreciated all the birthday wishes from friends and family. I bought him a few books that he has been talking about: Elantris, Triathlon 101, and How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization (I heard about it in a political science class, so I'm interested in this one too!) I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday evening, and what was his answer? Go to bed. So we did! Hooray for an early night!


P.S. I also made Matt a cheesecake for his birthday. Just so everyone knows, that is his all-time favorite dessert. Sadly, I do not own a spring form pan, so it was a no-bake. Still good, but now I am just reminded of how much I want a spring form pan. My Mom, a bona fide cheesecake-baking genius, definitely spoiled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment