Saturday, April 30, 2011

Training

Matt and I have been pretty good about keeping up with our training, but I have only one word to describe my transition: exhaustion. I guess it should have been expected. I haven't been swimming this regularly for years. Plus, I am definitely not used to swimming, biking, and running all at the same time. Even though Matt and I have been really good about getting 7-8 hours every night, I wake up so tired every day. It doesn't help that I have a desk job. Research definitely doesn't get the blood flowing. We figure that we've only been training for a week and half, so we'll get used to it soon, right?

The biking has definitely been the biggest adventure. Matt and I bike to school/work every day. It's pretty fun to bring my helmet around campus and have people comment. And it has been SNOWING in APRIL. I am not enjoying that so much. The weather is always colder on a bike! The wind is twice as chilling when you are moving twice as fast! I will be SO excited when spring is finally here to stay. Then I will be much more ready for long bike rides!


This is us just after we biked home in the pouring rain. Notice the joy on our faces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment