Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Little Biggs Thanksgiving

Matt and I love Thanksgiving. The good food and wonderful family are the best, not to mention a break from school. Since we have so many family members in the area, we decided to divide up our break with some of our aunts and uncles.

We didn't have school on Wednesday, so I decided I really wanted to make a little Thanksgiving dinner. We had made a delicious roast chicken recipe a few months ago, so we bought two little cornish hens and cooked them! We also had some veggies, stuffing, and cranberry sauce already, so we decided to go all out and make rolls and gravy too. I bought some butternut squash and steamed it with brown sugar and spices. Finally, Matt and I decided to make the best dessert we could think of: cheesecake. My mom sent me a springform pan for my birthday last month, so we were set! I found a pumpkin cheesecake recipe online and we went to work. It took us several hours to cook everything though because we have one tiny oven with just one oven rack, but it was all delicious! We were so proud of how it turned out! Here are a few pictures of our little dinner spread:

 Jessica with the cheesecake mix
 Matt with the finished product! We were so proud!
 Our little cornish hens!
The whole feast! The roll pan didn't quite fit on the table :)

On Thursday, we spent time with my Aunt Rachel and Uncle Troy and our awesome cousins. We had so much fun! The meal was organized Troy's family with some great filipino food, in addition to the traditional dishes. We grabbed some leftovers after the meal wound down and Matt is still craving sinigang. Now we will have to find a tamarind soup packet and make it ourselves! Troy's family also loves dancing, so we got to play Just Dance as a group. It was so fun! My cousin Addy was the star. I wish I had a picture so you all could see it!

Then, Matt and I went to his Aunt Lila and Uncle Leo's house. We had a blast! We played tons of games (we introduced them to Five Crowns and Farkle) and watched at least four Disney movies. It was a serious party! They had also made some wonderful food plus SEVEN pies, so we had plenty of delicious food on Friday as well! We had a great time! We are so grateful for the wonderful family members who invited us to tag along with them. We are very lucky. We hope you all had a delicious, peaceful, and entertaining Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment