Saturday, May 28, 2011

Training Interruptions

Matt and I just started back into our training schedule this week. It is really difficult when exercising schedules get interrupted because it is hard to get back into the rhythm. First, I got into a minor bike accident that messed up my left shoulder and hand. Although the damage wasn't very visible on the outside, my shoulder still doesn't move certain ways without hurting. And in the picture, I'm pointing to the bruise on my elbow. You can hardly see it in the picture, but it got pretty yellow and gross. I have to admit that the physical pain wasn't the worst part of the accident. It actually took me a few days to get back on a bike at all. All the confidence I'd built up when we rode around cars was shattered. I didn't like seeing lots of cars on the road or when Matt would stop without warning. Things seem to be back to normal now though. We've been biking to school for a while now. I just have to keep reminding myself that bikes aren't danger free. At least we wear helmets :)

We also went on vacation for a couple days. Even if it is possible to go running when you're on vacation, it just never happens. There are way too many things to do and people to see. Fortunately we were able to go swimming two days ago without any serious problems. But it was hard to come back and have only half the endurance I'd built up in the past month and a half. At least we know what we're capable of. Here's to training and building endurance! We'll get back up there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment